Recent News

Pages

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Enough Stalling Time to Get To It


Okay time to stop neglecting the elephant that IS the room (well several rooms actually) we need to start working on finishing this house. We have taken a month off after the holidays and the initial gut and remodel but now is time to get back to work. There is so much to do I can only take it one room at a time so here goes. The most important rooms right now are the living spaces on the first floor, the living room, kitchen and bathroom. There is a guest room on the first floor as well but I don't have any inspiration for that so I won't force it. The living room is completely painted minus a few minor touch ups that need to be done so it's time to decorate, finally. I have some ideas but I'm not married to anything yet. I've seen some nice pieces I like for the room but I still haven't found that focal point to build the room around. Here is the very blank canvas…




The only things that definitely stay are the couches (until I can save enough mad money to get rid of them but now it's not in the budget) and the TV. You have to see past the baby furniture obviously J my Bella is everywhere. Everything else is temporary and can go.

I want to do a large picture over the love seat something with color because the color of the walls and couches is so neutral.  I say that while I'm looking at this picture and I think maybe a large statement picture may compete with that TV and make that corner busy.


Another view head on.  This is only half of the living room, I'm not including the other half because I'm kicking around the idea of using it as a dining room.  I want an armchair and a small table on the wall with the window, create another seating area. Valances on the windows not curtains, the windows are small so I want to dress the windows without blocking the light.  Get this, hubby wants a bear skin rug so I found a contemporary bear skin rug inspired rug to compromise.


Last view. remove the play pen, chair and boxes and in this corner (in my boxing announcer voice) I got nothing.

Let the living room project begin, I'll post my ideas and tag them with the label Living Room Project and hopefully soon I'll be posting an after pic.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment