Recent News

Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

To Wong Foo…


To Wong Foo Thanks For Everything, Julie Newmar

I am so glad this movie came on HBO and not one of the basic cable stations all chopped and screwed. Aside from being pure and utter campy comedy this movie had awesome performances from all three leads Wesley Snipes, Patrick Swayze and John Leguizamo. My mom and I went to see this movie together in 95 and we enjoyed every minute.
Best moments:
Wesley Snipes driving to the hoop in his "basketball uniform" miniskirt.
Cop to Swayze, "You know what all you career girls want?" Swayze, "Careers?"
Wesley Snipes nails during the entire movie
Wesley Snipes reaction to finding the clothes from the sixties upstairs in the store
John Leguizamo vowing that he would find a foundation in a shade closer to his skin tone


I don't have the DVD but when I do start building my movie library I will. I am hoping there is commentary from the actors as well as the directors because I know it had to be difficult to keep a straight face through some of these scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment