Recent News

Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

Exfoliating Cleanser and Honey Mask



So, I have yet to try to make the acne/oily toner recipe I blogged about before, mainly because essential oils are expensive!  I did however begin a intense love affair with baking soda this weekend and I made my own facial cleanser.

Baking soda is good for my skin because it exfoliates.  I have been exfoliating my skin everyday for longer than I can remember with gentle acne wash scrubs.  If I don't use some kind of scrub my skin feels rough.  I mixed baking soda with lempn juice and made a grainy paste.  The lemon juice is good for acne and fading discolorations and scars.  The paste was soft and clumpy (pics tomorrow).  I wet my face and neck and massaged the paste on my skin in circular motions with my fingertips.  I had to rinse thouroughly because the baking soda does take a lot of water to flush clean. 

I won't be able to give any solid reveiws of how this new cleanser is working it usually takes my skin about 1 1/2 or 2 weeks to react so stay tuned for that.  I can say that my skin does feel baby soft and clean after the first use.

Honey has several benefits for the skin it's a moisturizer, full of nutritions and it has antioxidents.  It is also supposed to be used for treating acne as well.  I took pure honey and smeared a thin layer all over my face and let it sit for 10 minutes then flushed with water.  After the honey mask my skin feels moisturized but still clean and fresh. 

I will continue to wash once a day with just water and a wash cloth and once a day with the baking soda lemon juice cleanser.  I will do the honey mask once a week to start and on the days I don't use the honey mask I will moisturize with coconut oil before bed.  Pictures tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment