Recent News

Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

You’re Getting Sleeeeepy


My Bella hates to go to sleep at night. Despite my efforts of a solid evening routine, she still refuses to go down peacefully and quietly. About the time she made two months I could get her to sleep if not all a good part of the night after I nursed her until she drifted off. That has been working for us until recently but things have changed and unfortunately we have to adjust. I hope I can find a night job in the near future so as much as she dosen't like it the princess must be broken out of being nursed to sleep. I implemented this new rule about a month ago but my Bella refuses to comply. When she is older, when she figures out what she wants to do in life God help the person who stands in her way because she is the most determined relentless stubborn child I have ever encountered. You would think after a strict routine of 8:30 pm bath, massage with calming lotion, a story or playtime with Daddy, a full nursing session and rocking and cuddling with mom before being put down for the night any normal child would begin to yield. Oh no, not this kid and to make matters worse she can sit up and stand up in her crib on her own so she spends and least (emphasis on the least) 30 minutes standing at the bars of her crib like an inmate lulling herself with a droning whine/cry until she finally gets to tired and passes out. I am hoping that one day she will see reason and go to sleep at her regular scheduled bedtime but I think baby fairies with magic dust would be required.

No comments:

Post a Comment