Recent News

Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

Flat Twist Out

I had a pretty good experience with my first attempt at a flat twist out. Here is what I did:

First I shampooed my hair with Kinky-Curly Come Clean shampoo. The next time I do this in about 3-4 days I'm going to use Shea Moisture Organic Shea Butter Curl & Shine Shampoo. The Kinky-Curly Come Clean is a good clarifying shampoo but I don't like using it more than maybe once every month or month and a half to remove the build-up. I conditioned with Shea Moisture Organic Raw Shea Butter Restorative Conditioner and used it as a leave in. I let my hair dry overnight into an afro. I sectioned my hair into four sections sides, front and back and put three flat twists in each section four in the back. I used a spray bottle with water and coconut oil to moisturize my hair before twisting each flat twist. I wrapped it with a satin scarf and let it set for about 4 hours then carefully undid each flat twist fluffed with coconut oil and that's it. Pictures next time I wash stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment