Recent News

Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Book Review


What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Children's Vaccinations by: Stephanie Cave and Deborah Mitchell



I highly recommend this book to anyone who would like to know more about vaccinations whether you have children or not. Going through the experience of having a baby is overwhelming in itself but throughout my pregnancy and the birth of my daughter I found that dealing with decisions about healthcare surely need to be researched independently. Although I do trust the information about vaccinations I received from our pediatrician I wanted to take a step further and this book was the perfect introduction to understanding more about communicable diseases and vaccinations. The book takes an unbiased approach to providing accurate information about vaccines and the industries and entities involved with them. The information about Mercury and other toxins used in making vaccines and the links between autism and autoimmune diseases were a couple sections that stood out for me. My main reasons for questioning the vaccines are the ingredients and the side effect risks of those ingredients and this book was a wealth of knowledge in that area. I also like how Cave goes into a detailed explanation of each vaccine and gives information on who should receive it, the statistics on the disease itself, the risks and some alternative solutions for parents who are interested on the vaccine but modified in some way.

This book helped me with the seed information I need to continue my research to help me make the right decision for my family. I recommend this book even to parents that are sure they want to vaccinate because if not for anything you should know what is in the syringe being injected into your newborn. I am grateful that we live in a society where we don't have to rely on the Doctor to give us all the information we need to make a medical decision. We have the means and freedom of information to seek our own answers and come into conversations with medical personnel not as a professional peer but as an informed educated patient interested in being an active participant in the management of my healthcare.

No comments:

Post a Comment