Recent News

Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

Hurry Up and Wait


I get all set to get down to business my husband left for his basketball game and my Bella is asleep so I am all systems go to accomplish something. My focus at the moment is going live with this blog so I go to blogger.com to create one with my special template all ready and what happens? I end up waiting for 114 (I really wish there was a way to bold numbers because I definitely screamed that) updates to my computer so I can update my internet explorer and watching a rerun episode of Gilmore Girls while I wait. It's the episode where Babette's cat Cinnamon dies and Lorelei is beginning things with Max and Rory is beginning things with Dean. I swear I can't ever get tired of that TV show. So I wouldn't feel bad about wasting this precious baby-free time watching an episode I've seen a hundred times before I'm writing this. At least that is a solid attempt at doing something different than I would have did yesterday. Yesterday I would have kicked back enjoyed the show grabbed a snack and justified not getting anything done on the software update drama. That quote I put on FB a couple days ago has been sticking with me, "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result." Albert Einstein said that. So to try to cure my own special brand of insanity (in my mind I said that like Naturi's mother in Avatar, J) I am consciously changing my repetitive behavior because I would like different results. I would like to be a successful writer so I have to write every time I inhale and exhale and I want to be more motivated so I can set a better example for my Bella. Small steps over time can cross a great distance, I don't know if anyone has ever said that but if not I just did.

No comments:

Post a Comment