Recent News

Pages

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Call Me Nike


For so many years I have been talking about doing so many things. I watch cooking shows and the food network and say, "I wish I could cook like that or I'd like to make something like that one day." And I never did. In the interest of construction I am going to become a doer. Nothing to it but to do it J. I am starting off this revolution small so I am trying to cook at least one new main dish and one new dessert per week. The only rule is the recipe has to be completely new to me. I took advantage of the gift of a slow cooker hubby sprang on me last week and made a slow roasted chicken and slow cooker beef barbeque ribs. I also made cheesecake topped brownies and a triple layer Oreo pie. I feel so accomplished, it's the small things really that make a difference in the big picture, and hubby is in culinary heaven. On tonight's menu is honey glazed pineapple chicken over rice. There are so many more things in addition to being creative with food and learning how to cook new dishes that I want to accomplish. I am proving to myself dish by dish that I can do anything I set my mind to.

No comments:

Post a Comment